Thursday, December 30, 2010

Breeding Fish Eaters.

I am a huge fan of fish and seafood. I would eat fish, shrimp, crab, etc. every day if I could. In fact, sometimes I'll bake a pound of tilapia or salmon and just sit and eat the whole bowl of it with salt, pepper and dill!
If only my family liked it as much as I do, but as it is, Evan is the only one I can get to eat fish. So I am always on the lookout for recipes that are "not gross," which is the number one request I get when asked what I should cook. Something Not Gross, indeed.
Okay, well, I succeeded in finding a tasty recipe for garlic and herb broiled trout. I hadn't had trout in I-don't-know-how-long, and I must have forgotten what a versatile fish it is, due to it's complete lack of fishy taste. It also doesn't really stink up your house like fish. Not as flavorful as salmon, but 3 out of 5 of us really enjoyed it and we had no leftovers! I hope if you try this recipe that your family enjoys it as much as 60% of mine did.

Garlic and Herb Broiled Trout

You Will Need:

1 1/2- 2 lbs. trout fillet
2T. lemon juice (about one half lemon)
1/3 C. plain bread crumbs
1 T. Italian seasoning
1t. garlic powder
Salt, Pepper
2T. olive oil

Set oven to broil (500 degrees) and move oven rack to top. Coat your broiling tray thing with cooking spray- no one likes to scrub fish skin that's been baked on! Brush fish gently with the lemon juice and broil for 3 minutes. While fish is in oven, mix together other ingredients. Pull out fish, decrease oven temp to 350 and move rack down to its regular spot. Coat fish with bread crumb mixture. I spooned it on and patted it down. Bake another 10 minutes or so until fish flakes easily with a fork.
That's it! So easy! I served mine with rice pilaf, creamed asparagus, and biscuits.










No comments:

Post a Comment